Thursday, November 19, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
Drug abuse not only interferes with a student's ability to learn, but it can also disrupt the teaching environment, affecting other students as well.
Friday, August 28, 2009
any of these: GnRH,ADH,Estrogen,testosterone,progesterone,oxytoxin,CRH,cortisol,TSH,insulin
4. b. False
5. b. False
6. a. True
7. d. none of the above
8. a. True
any of these: thyroid,parathyroid,pancreas,pituitary,adrenals
1. T3 and T4 test . expected result in T3 is increased value and T4 is increased value
The options for treating hyperthyroidism include:
- Treating the symptoms
- Antithyroid drugs -methimazole (Tapazole®) or propylthiouracil (PTU) These drugs work well to control the overactive thyroid.
- Radioactive iodine -radioactive iodine used in this treatment is administered by mouth, usually in a small capsule that is taken just once. Once swallowed, the radioiodine gets into your blood stream and quickly is taken up by the overactive thyroid cells. The radioiodine that is not taken up by the thyroid cells disappears from the body within days. It is either eliminated in the urine or transformed by radioactive decay into a nonradioactive state.
- Surgery-. This procedure is best performed by a surgeon who has much experience in thyroid surgery. this permanently cured by surgical removal of most of your thyroid gland
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
1 to 3- give 3 examples of hormones
4. Only one hormone can send a message.
a. True b. False
5. The hormones are substances that carry messages from cells of your body to your organs.
a. True b. False
6. Hormones control and regulate the activity of certain cells or organs.
a. True b. False
7. Hormones are necessary for every activity of daily living All of the following are true. EXCEPT:
a. digestion b. mood control c. metabolism d. none of the above
8. Hormones are also found in animals and plants.
a. True b. False
9.&10.- Give 2 specific glands that produce hormones.
Roberta,single, 25 year-old woman went to a doctor for check up, she was experiencing hand tremors, frequent bowel movement, fast heart beat, and was very nervous.she had also enlargement of the thyroid gland. The doctor requested her for TSH examination.
TSH- decreased values
1. What other test should be performed and what are the expected result?
2. Based on the signs and symptoms of the patient what is the possible diagnosis of the doctor?
3. What treatment should be employed?
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Hormones are necessary for every activity of daily living, including the processes of digestion, metabolism, growth, reproduction, and mood control.
A hormone is a chemical substance produced by a gland.
Hormones are produced by specific glands.
Hormones control and regulate the activity of certain cells or organs.
The Hormones carry messages from organs of your body to your cells. The glands that secrete hormones are part of the our endocrine system examples ( pituitary, thyroid, adrenals and pancreas).
They work to keep the body’s natural balance in check.
This is what we call homeostasis.
Hormones are also found in .
Hormones are produced by living cells. Many different kinds of cells can send a message. There are some cells that their main job is to produce hormones.
Janet Toral is conducting The Influential Blogger Writing Project on the Top Ten Emerging Influential Bloggers' Contest.
These blogs are very informative,they are inspiring and have positive effects on people's lives. I really appreciate all the blogs and i love reading them.
1. Holly Jahangiri - It's All a Matter of Perspective: Mine: http://jahangiri.us.net/
It is a blog that gives information and entertainment at the same time.
2. Dr. Lorenzo Bernardino - Zorlone - http://zorlone.blogspot.com
- Doc Zorlone is not only a qualified internal medicine doctor, but is also a great poet. His poems lend credence to his ultimate creativity.
3. Jan Geronimo- Writing to Exhale - http://writingtoexhale.com
- A blog where the east and west meet.. English or tagalog, he writes with excellence.
- His thoughts are useful and amusing. Nice to read.
5. Angel Cuala - Fatherbloggerdotcom - http://fatherblogger.com
-A good and informative blog about parenting, blogging, growing up, and even relationship problems.
6. Kelvin Servigon - Kelvinonian Ideas 2 - http://kelvinonian.com
- Good photos and articles are posted in this blog!
7. Irene - Lifelots - http://lifelots.blogspot.com
- Inspiring ideas about life and love could be learned from her blog..
8. Bing - I Love/Hate America - http://www.ilovehateamerica.com
- A blog about the author's life in
9. Luke - A Walk in the Dark - http://darkestshade.blogspot.com
- A very inspiring blog about computers, facebook and triumvirate. Good topics for reading.
10.Dee - Tales from the Mom Side - http://www.talesfromthemomeside.com
- Blog of note for moms and non-moms as well.
You may want to vote for them! But first read them and tell me I am right. Thank you and god bless. Ü
The contest is sponsored by:
Absolute Traders, My Brute Cheats, Business Summaries, Fitness Advantage Club, Events and Corporate Video, http://www.eventsatwork.com.com3C/a>, Dominguez Marketing Communications, Red Mobile and Blog4Reviews.com.
I'm Glad I've Found You
I'm glad I've found my gonads but I’m wondering if you are the one one I've been looking for after all I've been through.
A lot of questions run through my mind, will you be there to take care of me or will you be like the rest and leave me behind?
You seem like the kind of hormone I've been looking for.
But I guess I'll have to get to know you more to be sure.
I have a lot to give and it seems like you,too.
Hopefully this time I've found a hormone that is true.
I love your job within my body and the way you make me feel. I have a feeling we could be together for quite awhile.
I'll care for you and be with you as long as you want me to stay.
What I feel for you just won't seem to go away.
So for now I will cherish the moments you spend outside my hypothalamus and pituitary gland because the way you make me feel is like heaven.